Monday, December 10, 2012

Our Beautiful Life Project

 WELCOME TO THE BEAUTIFUL LIFE PROJECT!

Many people have asked me about how to start an autobio comic. Other than just doing it, I didn't really know what to say. It can be a pretty daunting thing to do.

BUT THEN

I was inspired by this sketchbook called MY BEAUTIFUL LIFE - MY AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN DRAWINGS published by Chronicle Books. It gives you a topic on a each page to draw as a reflection of what your life is today. This inspired me to see what other people choose to depict from topics like the ones in the book from anyone any age, from anywhere in the world. Imagine if the topic is shoes...what would that post be like from someone in their 40's? In their 20's? From a 13yr old? From someone living in China or Norway??

This project is for anyone. Doesn't matter how old you are, where you live, what your skill level is. It's a great way to start an autobiography for artists. You can make it in comic form, choose to draw one image...do whatever you want! I plan on drawing an image and then writing about it.

You could get the book if you want to but I will post a topic on twitter (@emibot) at NOON PST on Monday and Thursdays. Perhaps have your drawing posted before the next topic? This is for myself and also for people who would rather have a schedule. But by all means, you don't have to follow it! If you have the book, draw and post when you like! I want this to be carefree and fun and easy. I don't want anyone to stress about how good anything looks. Just do it! I will plan on having my pages ready for when I announce the topic and post it to the group page.

The group page is on FLICKR here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/beautifullifeproject/
This is where participators will share their drawings! Lets support and inspire each other! I will be moderating the site to keep it clean. Be sure in the title of your post you put in the topic for that page!

Seeing how this goes, I might start a TUMBLR to highlight pages once a week! 

I sorta just threw this together so there might be some kinks. Let me know of any issues. I know this could crash and burn and have no one participating but to me, the point is I tried! You never know what could happen if you don't put yourself out there and try, amirite? Let's see where this experiment will go! If it doesn't go anywhere then it doesn't but, oh, if it does...how awesome would that be?

Hope to see you there!

- Emi

2 comments:

  1. Looks fun, just bought a copy on ebay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Love this idea - one of my resolutions for 2013 is to do a sketch a day. This looks like a great idea for inspiration and sharing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete